It occurs to us that some people might want to know what we use to record the podcast or how we put it together. Below we’ve put together a list of items we have used before, in order of current preference.
- Canon 70d DSLR
- Canon T2i DSLR
- GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition
- GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition
- Canon S95 & Samsung Galaxy S4 (beer pics used in posts)
- Electro-Voice RE27N/D Dynamic Cardioid Mic (x2)
- Blue Spark Carotid Condensor Mic
- AKG Large Carotid Condensor Mics: 120, 220, 420 (1 each)
- Detachable Zoom Microphones (Stereo X/Y and Shotgun)
- MXL 840 Stereo set small diaphragm mic set… Still trying to find a use for them.
- Zoom H6 Handy Recorder (a beast of a device that can handle 6 channels recording at once)
- Zoom doubles as audio interface if recording with Laptop
- Blue Icicle Audio Interface for voice overs and effects
- Yamaha MG102c (someday I’ll use this to live mix shows)
As our shows have swapped to video, I’ve been using Adobe Premiere a lot for video editing. Adobe Audition ensures our sound is great and cleans up a LOT of noise, background hum and distracting sounds.